Fair warning, if you are squeamish then this might not be the episode for you. We do talk about a horror movie scene that is very similar to suicide and other gore based scenes.
ONCE AGAIN YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
Welcome back to another episode of The Game of Nerds podcast! In our second episode, we are talking all about Halloween and Horror with Chantel Rolufs and Shelby Tolly. They have been covering anything scary on The Game of Nerds over the years and have become our “Ladies of Horror”. The three of us also happened to be the most Basic Fall Witches of them all. So with Halloween right around the corner, we figure we might jump into the horror genre. We start off with the basics discussing how we all got into horror and what constitutes horror for each of us. We then jump into things we love and hate about horror and what movies had us knowing we were scarred for life.
Learn more about our Ladies of Horror:
For those who aren’t ready for Cannibal Holocaust, don’t worry. We’ve got plenty of horror starting points for you.
Below I’ve linked some of our best horror and Halloween content we referenced in the podcast. Make sure you are subscribed to us on Apple Podcasts or Spotify and leave a review!
- Jamie Lee Curtis Set For A Directorial Debut & The Fate Of The Halloween Franchise
- Top 10 Halloween Movies For Kids
- 9 Podcasts For Any Horror Fan
- Halloween Movies for Scaredy Cats
- 10 Movies/Shows to Watch When You Want to Get into the Halloween Spirit but Don’t Like Scary Things
- TGON Screams: Hereditary
- TGON Screams: ‘Emelie’ (2015) Review
- TGON Screams: Cujo — The Good, The Bad, The Doggo
- Five Podcasts Every Horror and True Crime Fan Needs in Their Life
- The Top 10 Horror Movie Sequels (That Didn’t Suck)
- Gore Manga That’ll Shake You to Your Core
- 10 Truly Horrifying Japanese Urban Legends