Amy hosts her annual Golden Globes viewing party but shit hits the fan from the get-go.
Everyone is trying to decide where to watch the Golden Globes this year and Amy is like duh guys we’re watching at my house like we always do. The gang is hesitant to hang out with her because of her recent divorce, thinking that her life is in shambles (or tatters) but Amy keeps insisting that she’s totally fine and that the party WILL BE FUN DAMMIT.
Honestly, this was all a bit annoying for a show that is usually so good at dealing with social issues. Insinuating that the woman is falling apart and can’t get her grill or TV to work without her man.
Anyway so everyone goes to Amy’s place to watch the awards & the following ensues.
- Kelly wears a sparkly prom dress and everyone makes fun of her
- Dina shows up hours early to help set up because she’s Amy’s best friend
- Amy can’t get her tv to work and no one offers to help or google the solution
- Amy forgets to turn on the grill and decides to cook her meats in the microwave and give everyone salmonella
- She also refuses to let them order pizza
- Glenn & Jerusha want to leave to have sex because she is ovulating but Amy makes them stay and do it in her bed which honestly gross
- Dina makes the ultimate sacrifice and eats gross microwave meat! for Amy! she’s a true ride or die friend and she doesn’t get enough credit
- Garrett & Mateo include Kelly in a thing and she feels way special
- Sandra’s boyfriend is finally out of his coma!!!!!!!
In the end, everyone leaves and goes to PF Changs to watch the E! After Party special, Dina & Amy hang out in their pj’s. And Ames finally gets her TV to work. so. yay.