This episode was a real fun one. I got to record with my two favorite husbands. My actual real-life husband, Andy Parola, and the other I fondly refer to as my “Work Husband,” Jon Hicks. These two have been dragging me to Funko events for years now and have become inseparable. They have been collecting since before 2015, so they’ve been around the community for awhile now. Funko has become one of the hottest selling collectibles of the last decade. They originally started with Bobble Heads called “Wacky Wobblers” in 1998. The Pop Vinyl Line eventually made its debut at San Diego Comic-Con in 2011 with some DC Superheros. Now Funko has over 1,100+ different franchise licenses for television, movies, video games, and more. In this episode, we talk about:
- What are Funko Pops? When did they start?
- What Got You Into Funko? First Funko Pop?
- Funko Lingo Breakdown
- Why Do You Continue To Collect Funko?
- What’s In Your Collection? Favorite Pop?
- Is There Money To Be Made In Funko?
- Best Tips You Have For Funko Collectors
- Biggest Regrets
- How Funko Has Changed
- Message to Funko
- Future of Funko
- Priorities and Pops