‘In the classic SpiderMan story, Miles Morales must juggle his high school life with his status as a superhero, as he is introduced to the “Spider-Verse” where there can be more than just one Spider-Man’
This is the premise for Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, a new animated film from Marvel and is scheduled to be released in the United States on December 14, 2018. Although it is not officially out yet, a sequel and several spin-offs are already in development.
800 gr sugar
432 ml vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 teaspoons buttery sweet dough flavour
480 ml sour cream
280 gr flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons kosher salt
Red Swiss buttercream
Cherry pie filling
Black royal icing in a decorating bag fitted with #4 tip
White buttercream frosting
How to bake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the sugar, eggs, oil, vanilla, sweet dough flavour and sour cream and mix until well combined.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix again.
5. Pour the batter into two 10 inch/25 cm round greased pans.
6. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes.
7. Cool completely and level the top of the cakes.
8. Cut each cake in half horizontally so that there are 4 layers of cake.
9. Spread the buttercream frosting on three of the layers and create a dam of frosting to hold in the cherry filling.
10. Add the cherry filling to each layer
11. Use an offset spatula to frost the entire cake with red Swiss buttercream.
12. Pipe a spider web on the top and sides of the cake with black royal icing.
13. Print the Spiderman Logo template onto cardstock and then use a knife to cut around the outline of the logo.
14. Roll out black fondant about 1/4 inch thick onto a surface prepared with powdered sugar.
15. Use the cardstock stencil to cut out a Spiderman logo.
16. Gently place the fondant logo onto the top of the cake, in the centre of the spider web.