It: Let go. Be afraid. You all taste so much better when you’re afraid.
230gr unsalted butter
200gr white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
420gr all-purpose flour
Red royal icing
White royal icing
Black royal icing
A few drops of vodka with brown gel paste
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, cream butter and sugar together until smooth.
3. Beat in the two extracts and the egg.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the baking powder and salt with the flour.
5. Add a little at a time to the wet ingredients.
6. Wet your hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand.
7. Divide the dough into workable batches.
8. Roll out onto a floured surface and cut into Pennywise shapes.
9. Bake the cookies for 6-8 minutes.
10. Let them cool on the cookie sheet until they are firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
1. Outline Pennywise’s hair with red royal icing and colour the hair completely.
2. Fill the leftover gap with white icing.
3. Draw on his eyes, nose and mouth.
4. Use the brown gel paste mixture to give his teeth a rotten look.