Cybersport is a relatively young trend in online betting that’s gained international popularity over recent years. But, like traditional sports, electronic sports are fun and exciting.
Even though video game developers release new products annually, certain online games dominate the scene more than others. This list may vary depending on the country: while one game is the hottest trend in Asia, Europeans may still need to learn about it.
In this article, we’ll write about the TOP-5 online games equally prevalent worldwide. So, if you’re interested in cybersport, stay with us to get some inspiration from this page.
Dota 2 is an online game released by Valve Corporation – an American developer, publisher, and digital distribution company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. This enterprise was established in 1996 by Gabe Newell and Mike Harrington – two intelligent Microsoft employees.
This video game can only be played in multiplayer mode. Gamers have a simple objective: to win, players must defeat their opponents and destroy a large structure defended by the opposing team, known as the «Ancient.» In this game, players aren’t limited in time: an average match can last from 20 minutes to 2 hours.
To win in Dota 2, parties require both shrewd skills and excellent teamwork. Therefore, cooperating with your teammates and discussing possible ways to beat the opponent is crucially important. For such a reason, this game is often played in the company of friends.
Dota 2 has more than 120 heroes divided into three categories: Strength, Agility, and Intelligence. Depending on your abilities and preferences, you can find your favorite character and master it.
Overwatch is an online multiplayer game put on the market in May 2016 by Blizzard Entertainment – an American video game developer and publisher based in Irvine, California. If you’re caught up in online gaming, you may know their popular games, such as WarCraft, StarCraft, and Blackthorn.
Overwatch is a classic team-based shooter. With 6 teammates, you have to kill as many enemies as possible and take control of specific objectives. There are eight game modes available for you to try:
- Assault. In this mode, an attacking team must occupy two particular goals, while a defending squad has to prevent them from doing so. Both groups are limited in time, so this regime is expeditious.
- Control. In this regime, both units have to control a particular capture point. While a team maintains an objective, they progress towards 100% completion.
- Escort. It’s a game regime in which the attacking team must escort a payload to the delivery point while the second team has to interfere with their planned operation.
- Hybrid. That’s a game mode that combines two mentioned mechanics: assault and escort.
- Push. In this mode, two squads are fighting over control of a robot that pushes an objective into the enemy team’s spawn.
- Capture the Flag. Players spawn on the map with one flag on each side. Their goal is to capture the flag that belongs to their opponents.
- Deathmatch. In this regime, players must kill each other as often as possible. Whoever gets the highest score within ten minutes wins the round.
- Elimination. Playing Elimination, gamers must fight against each other. Once killed, a player cannot respawn in that round.
League of Legends
League of Legends is an online multiplayer game with over 140 heroes to make epic contests, released in 2009 by Riot Games – an American developer, publisher, and esports tournament organizer based in Los Angeles, California.
In many ways, League of Legends is similar to Dota 2. Together with other players, you should outlast your rivals and destroy their main objective – Nexus. In the game, champions are classified into six categories.
|Hero Class||Short Description|
|Assassins||Quick and robust champions that deal severe damage to single targets (Katarina, Zed, Kayn)|
|Fighters||Champions can deal and take much damage during team fight battles (Sett, Darius, Jayce)|
|Mages||Champions are best at long-distance scenarios that deal magic damage to nearby enemies (Vladimir, Aurelion Sol, Ahri)|
|Marksmen||Champions that deal consequential damage at a great distance (Tristana, Miss Fortune, Caitlyn)|
|Support||Champions that aren’t strong at battle but great at buffing and healing their allies (Lux, Nami, Seraphina)|
|Tank||Champions that lead the way and take the most damage to protect their teammates from rivals (Leona, Alistair, Sion)|
Fortnite is an exciting multiplayer game where 100 users fight against each other to remain the only survivor on the map. This online game was released in 2017 by Epic Games – an American video game and software developer and publisher based in Cary, North Carolina.
Fortnite has a great fan base and genuinely entertaining events. It never gets boring to watch their tournaments, as their animations are colorful and eye-catching. What’s more, Epic Games regularly cooperates with celebrities to create exclusive content.
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Another multiplayer game is Counter-Strike. It’s a shooter released in 2012 by Valve. In this game, participate two different teams – terrorists and counter-terrorists. The first team has to set bombs all over the map and hold people hostage. The second team has to neutralize the criminals and help people to get away.
If you’ve never tried wagering at cybersport events, this is your sign of giving it a shot. Online video games are fun to play and watch, so you’ll probably acquire a new hobby and an income source.