Two updates for Animal Crossing: New Horizons dropped! The Summer Wave Update Two dropped on July 30, while Update 1.4.1 dropped on August 5.
This update is solely focused on fixing bugs and glitches caused by Summer Update Wave 2.
- Fixed trees to where they do not mature and have things that are not normal fruit.
- Fixed issue where returning to your island after a dream doesn’t cause shining soil to disappear and buried bells take the shining soil spots.
- Fixed issue so that the shovel doesn’t swing in the air when trying to hit a rock
The tree issue fix could be in connection with the star fragment tree hack. This comes after players reporting others that have the star fragment trees on dream island, according to Polygon, “the reporting phenomenon upset segments of the community, as the hack was seen as merely cosmetic.”
The Summer Wave Update 2 contains the following from Nintendo’s website:
- General updates
- A new seasonal event, Fireworks Shows, has been added.
- New limited-time seasonal items have been added to Nook Shopping.
- A new feature was added to the NookPhone Camera app, allowing you to turn off the guide information by pressing in the R Stick.
- The “funny glasses” item now matches up with player skin color variations.
- Online connectivity features
- A new feature allows you to sleep in a bed and meet Luna. You can upload a dream of your island via the internet or visit other uploaded dream islands.
- New features have been added to the Custom Designs Portal. You can now search by design name or type. You can now create a list of favorite creators.
- A new feature has been added for backing up save data to Nintendo’s servers via the internet. You can use backed-up save data with the island backup restoration service if your Nintendo Switch system is lost or broken.
- You must be a member of Nintendo Switch Online and enable backups within Animal Crossing: New Horizons to use this new feature.
- Saved data cannot be restored at a customer’s discretionary timing. If your system is broken, you must contact Nintendo Support to start a repair request. If you have lost your system, you must contact Nintendo Support.
- This feature does not allow save data (island data) to be transferred to a different system. We currently plan on adding a save data transfer feature within 2020. Information on the feature and timing will be announced at a future time.
- Learn more about the island backup restoration service.
- Fixed issues
- Other adjustments were made to improve the gameplay experience.
Expect a free Fall update soon, Happy gaming!