Spooky season is approaching, my fellow ghouls! Which means we will get bombarded with everything pumpkin-flavored! But that isn’t all, this means we get a Halloween update to Animal Crossing: New Horizons (ACNH)!
The update released on September 30 and this is what to expect: we get a new event with Jack, new reactions, the ability to grow and harvest pumpkins, new costumes to purchase, Pumpkin DIY furniture, and more! The update includes new skin tones and new eye colors to choose from!
Here is the official patch notes for the update according to Nintendo of America:
- A new seasonal event, Halloween, has been added.
- Pumpkins (produce item) and DIY projects that use pumpkins have been added.
- Added new features for visiting dream islands with Luna: the ability to choose your destination from a list of previously visited dream islands and the ability to favorite previously visited dream islands.
- It is now possible to hide items that are not for sale by pressing the Y Button when viewing the catalog via Nook Shopping.
Other adjustments and corrections were made to improve the game play experience.
Animal Crossing World reported the following changes that were not mentioned in the patch notes:
- A new letter can be found in your mailbox from Nintendo celebrating the latest update! Inside the letter, you’ll find a new Ring-Con furniture item to use in your house from Nintendo’s Ring Fit Adventure game.
- Two small new features have been added to the Dream Suite feature with Luna! You can now easily view your previously visited dream islands, and even choose to mark the best islands as favorites.
If you are as spooky as me, then you are as excited as me for this update!
Happy gaming and stay spooky!