Animal Crossing: New Horizons has released yet another free update! The summer update and is the first wave of free updates that Nintendo plans to release. Nintendo has also released 1.3.1 update that fixed issues regarding the summer update.
The summer update includes the following:
- Swimming and Diving
- Diving for sea creatures
- Buy wet suits/swimsuits
- Pascal, the red sea otter, is back! He also brings recipes for mermaid-esque furniture in exchange for scallops!
- Gulliver (or someone that looks like him) appears in pirate clothing! If you help the pirate Gulliver, you are offered a reward!
This update will sure be a great gateway for us that are still in quarantine, but still want to soak up the sun and do some swimming!
The 1.3.1 Patch update was released recently to fix issues that may occur for players when using the summer update. The fixes are as follows:
- Fixed issue of zen bridge and how players could not walk on it if the bridge was placed on the highest point of their island (3rd tier cliff)
- Fixed issue of not being able to buy a wetsuit in Nook’s Cranny
- Fixed issue of hermit crabs appearing outside of the beach
- Fixed issue of dialogue bubbles appearing after speaking with residents
Since the summer update fixes have been introduced, we can now enjoy our summer through our Animal Crossing character! Happy gaming!