350gr all purpose flour
1 tablespoon cocoa
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla
28gr green food colouring
Neon green food colouring
Mint-flavoured chewable candies
Green apple sour belts
Green apple sour straws, cut into 2″ pieces
Black decorator gel icing
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175° C.
2. Grease the cake pans, muffin tins.
3. Lightly stir the eggs in a medium bowl with a whisk.
4. Add in the remaining liquid ingredients.
5. Whisk until blended, then stir in the food colouring and set aside.
6. Place all the dry ingredients in your mixing bowl and stir together well.
7. Pour your wet ingredients into your dry ingredients and mix on medium-high for about a minute or two until well combined.
8. Pour the batter into the cupcake pans.
9. Bake the cupcakes for around 16 minutes.
10. Let them cool slightly before removing them from the pan and let them cool completely.
1. Create a batch of alien green icing by adding a few drops of neon green food colouring to the white icing.
2. Prepare your aliens’ ears by cutting ears, shaped like teardrops, from green apple belts. You will need 2 ears for each cupcake.
3. Frost the cupcakes and insert a 2″ sour straw antenna.
4. Press your ears into the sides of the cupcake.
5. Line up three mint-flavoured, chewable candies as eyes, and dot with black gel icing for pupils.
6. Give your aliens an awed expression by drawing on a circle for a mouth with black gel icing.
Source cupcakes & decorations