“In the first season of Once Upon A Time, Regina retrieves the poisoned apple used to poison Snow White, to get rid of Emma. After baking the apple into a turnover, she gifts it to Emma, but when Henry sees the apple turnover, he insists it is poisoned. To prove it, he takes a bite and falls under a Sleeping Curse.”
—– Once upon a Time Wiki —–
Now you can bake them yourself! And no worries, I didn’t put a Sleeping Curse in it (but you always can if you like ;).
2 Granny Smith apples
40 gr butter
220 gr brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cornstarch
45 ml water
1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F or 200°C.
2. Peel and chop the apples in small rectangles.
3. Melt the butter in a frying pan.
4. Add the apples, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice to the frying pan.
5. Cook for about 3-4 minutes, while stirring frequently, until the apples start to soften.
6. Mix the cornstarch and water together until smooth.
7. Pour the cornstarch mixture in with the apples.
8. Add the brown sugar to the apples.
9. Keep cooking for about 2 or 3 minutes more, until the brown sugar is melted.
10. Cut your puff pastry into six rectangles.
11. Spoon an equal amount of apple mixture onto each rectangle.
12. Fold the pastry in half, so you get a triangle and pinch the edges closed.
13. Whisk the egg in a separate bowl.
14. Paint the top of the pastries with the egg wash.
15. Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until they are puffy and golden brown.
And check out the awesome drawed recipe at Kitchenoverlord!