Carol Danvers: I’m not gonna fight your war. I’m gonna end it.
— Captain Marvel trailer
350gr all purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
240ml whole milk
108ml vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon Metallic Silver Gel Food Color
1/2 teaspoon Midnight Gel Food Color
460gr butter unsalted, room temperature
1280gr powdered sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Violet Gel Food Color
Rose Pink Gel Food Color
Metallic Silver Gel Food Color
Edible glitter silver stars
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and add 20 cupcake liners to a cupcake/muffin pan.
2. Add to a large bowl the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk to combine. Set aside.
3. Add milk, vegetable oil, vanilla extract and eggs to a mixer bowl and whisk until it is all fully combined.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat until well combined.
5. Slowly, with the mixer on low speed, add the gel food colour and the water to the batter and mix just until combined.
6. Fill the cupcake liners just a little over half.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with only a few moist crumbs.
8. Remove the cupcakes from oven and allow to cool for 3-5 minutes in the pan, then remove to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
1. Add the butter to a large mixer bowl and mix until it is smooth.
2. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Add the vanilla extract and milk, again mix until smooth.
4. Add the remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
1. Fix a piping bag with a large star tip.
2. Place the bag inside of a tall glass, and slightly turn it inside out at the opening.
3. Add a few drops, about 1/2 teaspoon of gel food colour to 3 small bowls, and using 3 different colouring brushes paint the gel food colour on the inside of the pastry bag.
4. Fill the pastry bag 2/3 with buttercream and secure it with a pastry bag ring/elastic.
5. Pipe a little and dump, as the colour will be very concentrated at the tip.
6. Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes and decorate with edible glitter silver stars.
7. Refrigerate cupcakes at least one hour before serving.