It is already two years ago that one of the most successful Netflix series saw it’s premiere: Stranger Things. Since then, only more and more people got dragged into its story and its characters. And one thing that got just as popular are the Eggo Waffles!
It might take a very long time until we get blessed with season 3, it is confirmed but there is not yet a release date. This means we can expect season 3 at the end of this year at the earliest, and might even at the start of next year. To help you pass that period of time, I have here a recipe to make your own Eggo Waffles!
420 gr flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 1/8 teaspoons salt
4 large eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
240 ml whole milk
120 ml water
60 ml buttermilk
54 ml vegetable oil
8 drops yellow food colouring
How to bake
- Heat up a waffle iron.
- Combine the flour with baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer for one minute on high speed.
- Add the milk, water, buttermilk, and oil and mix until combined.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry stuff.
- Add the food colouring, and mix on medium speed for about 30 seconds.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray or some vegetable oil.
- Pour a soupspoon of batter onto the waffle iron and close.
- Cook for one minute, then carefully remove the waffle. If you want to eat the waffles right away, give them another minute.
- It’s important that the waffle is cooked, but not browned.
- Repeat the last three steps for the remaining batter.
- Eat the waffles right away, or seal them up in freezer bags and freeze when they are cooled.
- When preparing waffles to eat, cook as with the original: in a toaster on the lowest setting until browned. You may have to break or cut waffles in half so that they fit all the way into your toaster.