I don’t know about you, but I believe that any emotion should deserve you some kind of cake. Whether you are sad, angry, disgust, joyful or scared. And this week I have some cake that covers all five of those emotions. These are Inside Out inspired cakes!
What You’ll Need
56 gr unsalted butter at room temperature
320 gr powdered sugar
30 gr milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pinch of salt
140 gr all-purpose flour
150 gr granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 large egg
120 gr buttermilk
75 gr sour cream or plain Greek yoghurt
56 gr canola or vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup sprinkles
Extra sprinkles or colourful decor in assorted colours(yellow, blue. green, purple and red)
How To make and bake
1. In a small bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, milk, vanilla, and salt until light and fluffy.
2. If the mixture is too thick, add some more milk and if it’s too thin powdered sugar. When finished set to the side until needed, in the fridge for example.
1. Preheat your oven to 175°C/350°F, line an 20 by 20 cm (8″ x 8″ inch) baking pan with baking parchment and grease with either cooking spray or butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, and baking powder.
3. In another bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, sour cream, oil and vanilla.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. And mix it carefully until just combined. Small lumps will be present, don’t overmix or try to stir them smooth. After that gently stir in the sprinkles.
5. Scoop the batter into the baking pan.
6. Bake the cake for about 30 minutes. Check your cake by placing a skewer in the centre, and when it comes out dry the cake is done.
7. Allow the cake to cool and cut it into 6-6,5 cm (2.5″-3″) squares.
8. Spread some frosting onto the cakes and sprinkle each cake with one colour of sprinkles.