The Walking Dead panel and trailer highlights.
We start with the panel results, some were mentioned during Fear The Walking Dead panel but has relevance.
- They start by talking about how they almost didn’t do this panel as the Walking Dead family lost a member, one of the stunt men recently lost his life.
- George Romero was also remembered for all of his forward thinking and how neither show would have happened with Romero’s vision.
- Panel said that if they knew they were going to die they would want to go out by taking as many as they could with them, or like Sasha did.
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan says AMC limits what his character can do all the time, he said he was given “1 damn, 7 shits, and 0 fucks” to use on his character who uses the f word all the time.
- We will never see someone who is immune to the virus.
- We might at some point see both shows cross over in some way. At this point more likely with Fear since they are farther back in time.
- They haven’t closed the book on the fact that we see what is happening in another country.
In regards to the trailer, we were given a 5 minute long trailer which is action packed, but in typical Walking Dead fashion, leaves you guessing.
- Father Gabriel is in trouble with Negan. You can hear a lot of walkers in the background.
- Jerry has a line which makes you think he is going to die. 😦
- Rick, Maggie and Ezekiel all get to give an encouraging speech at some time.
- All three factions band together to fight the Saviors.
- Lots of fighting, booby traps, walkers, Saviors, an all out war as the story goes.
- Morgan says he doesn’t die, so dead right?
- We end with Rick Grimes in a bed, with a cane in his room, graying hair, just waking up. Which gets everyone talking, unhappy thought is the whole thing was a dream. Another theory is it was just a large time jump and the end of the series, with how big it is unlikely. They might be copying the comics? ** If you don’t want a potential comic spoiler don’t scroll to the bottom**
The Walking Dead returns Sunday October 22nd on AMC.
***Comic Book Spoiler, of course that doesn’t mean it will happen in the show***
In the comic series, after the next story line concludes, the show has an undisclosed fast forward, and Rick suffered a broken leg. That might be what it is eluding to.