It has been more than a month since we’ve had the last episode of The Walking Dead, and we have to wait even more months (until oktober to be precise) to see season 8. To make sure that you don’t turn into a zombie until that time, I present you with the recipe to bake Carol’s cookies. In the season 6 episode ‘Not Tomorrow Yet’, we see Carol gathering ingredients and the list seems random yet extensive. But mix all those ingredients together and you get Carol’s beet and acorn cookies!
What you’ll need:
140 gr flour
70 gr acorn flour
2 tablespoons arrowroot powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
51 gr shortening
110 gr brown sugar
50 gr sugar
40 gr beets, pureed
45 gr water chestnuts, pureed
45 gr chocolate chips, melted
1/4 teaspoon vanilla
How to bake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F or 176°C and prepare baking sheets with parchment.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together the flour, acorn flour, arrowroot powder, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In another bowl, mix together the shortening with the two sugars.
4. Add the pureed water chestnuts, pureed beets, melted chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until combined into a rollable dough.
5. Divide the dough into golf-ball sized balls and press them flat before placing them on the baking sheets. Remember to place them a few inches of centimeters apart.
6. Let them bake for about 10-12 minutes depending on your oven.
7. Let them cool before serving.