It is an RPG-style game with magic, monsters, and farming. It holds all of the important key elements to any farming sim – farming, romance, and fishing – but also has more. This game has significantly more combat then other well known farming sims, like Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley. It has it’s own skill tree, allowing players to adapt everything to their own playstyle. However, it has also been announced that people don’t have to engage in combat if they don’t want to, and there are other alternatives. As the game itself puts it: it’s up to you to wield your abilities and become the hero of your own story.
Other features include:
- Farm, Fish, Fight, Mine, Smith, Cook, and Craft to revitalize Sun Haven.
- Three Worlds to Explore: The Cozy Human Town of Sun Haven, The Beautiful Elven Village of Nel’ Vari, and Urban Monster City Withergate.
- Seven different player races: Human, Demon, Elf, Angel, Elemental, Naga, and Amari (animal race, including cats, dogs, fish, birds, and reptiles).
- Tons of Player Customization: 200+ different race and clothing options.
- 8 Player Multiplayer: Play with up to eight total people in one game.
- Fifteen romance-able characters, or woo your own partner in multiplayer.
- Romance your character of choice regardless of gender or race and get married.
- Unique Monsters throughout the world to fight past on your way to becoming the hero of Sun Haven.
- Home Decorating with more than 100 pieces of furniture. From your living room to your farm, design and decorate to your heart’s content!
- Dozens of RPG-styled Quests to keep you engaged while you relax and farm.
- A Skill Tree with over 100 options. Make your own play style and unlock a plethora of spells to help you along your journey; in farming, combat and mining.
- Pets and Mounts to collect and keep on your farm or to join you as you discover what lies beyond the forests of Sun Haven.
Sun Haven is currently available in Early Access, but will be released on Nintendo Switch and Steam. Check out the trailer here: