1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
108ml canola or vegetable oil
480gr powdered sugar
230ml butter, at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Round, flat, white candies
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, beat 2 eggs with the whisk attachment of a mixer on medium speed.
4. Add the sugar and continue to beat on medium speed.
5. Add the vanilla and oil and beat on medium speed.
6. Reduce the mixer speed to medium/low and slowly add about half of the flour mixture.
7. Add half of the buttermilk, then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk.
8. Beat until it is just combined and smooth.
9. Pout the batter into your lined muffin pan and fill to about 1/2-2/3 full.
10. Bake the cupcakes for 12 -14 minutes.
11. Let them cool in the pan for a couple of minutes, then remove and allow to cool fully before frosting.
1. In a bowl cream together the sugar and butter on low speed.
2. Mix until well blended.
3. Increase the speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
4. Add the vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for an additional 1 minute. Add more cream to create the desired spreading consistency.
5. Color the frosting in the desired colour.
6. Spread the frosting onto the cupcakes as desired and add the candies.