No cookie jar is left unemptied when Babo’s around, so when he opens the jar you’ve got to be quick to snatch a cookie before they’re all gone. Join Babo and the rest of the Uglydolls in this crazy card-passing, cookie-snatching game.
113gr unsalted butter, melted
66gr granulated sugar
104 gr light brown sugar, packed
1 large egg
1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
186gr all-purpose flour
255gr chocolate chips (semi-sweet or milk)
How to bake
1. Place the melted butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
2. Add the granulated and brown sugars and mix on low speed until the mixture is smooth.
3. Mix in the egg and vanilla extract and mix on medium speed until everything is combined.
4. Mix in the baking soda and salt, then slowly mix in the flour and mix just until the batter is smooth and comes together.
5. Then slowly mix in the chocolate chips.
6. Line a cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
7. Scoop balls of dough onto the cookie sheet.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours (this will allow them to hold their shape).
9. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
10. Line a second cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
11. Remove the chilled cookie dough balls from the refrigerator and space them 2-inches apart on the cookie sheets.
12. Bake the cookies for 11-15 minutes, or until the edges are a light golden and the tops are no longer glossy.
13. Let them cool on the cookie sheets at least 10 minutes before removing.