Wytchwood is described as a crafting adventure game, which has the player take the role of the mysterious old witch of the wood. Concoct potions, craft poisons, and explore the magical world – while keeping aware of what lurks in the dark. Wytchwood is inspired by gothic fables and fairytales, told in a graphic style reminiscent of a storybook. The trailer had hints of existing fairytales, such as Sleeping Beauty and Red Riding Hood woven into the story. Players also must cast judgement on a variety of curious characters, including talking goats and tentacled doctors.
Other Features Include:
- Lovingly rendered storybook art style.
- Gather, collect, grow and craft bizarre ingredients: Toxic toadstools, eye of newt and bottled fear.
- Research and concoct devious spells and sorceries. Turn the greedy into frogs! Trick the wicked with cunning curses!
- Explore an allegorical world of tall tales, uncovering colourful personas and fantastical narratives.
- Use your wit and guile to solve puzzles and best the strange monsters of the forest.
Wytchwood plans to be released fall this year. It will be available on Steam, Nintendo, and on Playstation. Check out the trailer here: