Shazam: Hey, what’s up? I’m a superhero.
230gr butter softened
350gr granulated sugar
385gr all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons meringue powder
640gr powdered sugar
90ml warm water
1 teaspoon vanilla
Gel food colouring in yellow
How to bake
1. Cream together the butter and sugar.
2. Beat in the eggs until the mixture is fluffy.
3. Mix in the flour, cinnamon, and salt.
4. Wrap the dough tightly in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
5. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
6. On a well-floured surface, roll the dough out into a ¼”/0,5cm slab.
7. Cut the dough with your favourite cloud cookie cutter or use a knife to make clouds with lightning bolts.
8. Place the cookies 2″/5cm apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
9. Bake the cookies for 15-17 minutes.
10. Let the cookies cool completely before decorating.
1. In a large bowl of a stand mixer, whisk together the meringue powder and powdered sugar.
2. Then slowly mix in the water and vanilla while the mixer is running on medium-low speed.
3. Increase the speed to medium and beat until stiff peaks form.
4. Divide the thick white icing into two bowls; one for the white icing and for the yellow icing.
5. From there, you can reserve half of each colour at piping consistency for piping borders.
6. To thin each colour to flood consistency, add 1 teaspoon of water at a time and stir well, continuing to add water until you reach your desired consistency.
1. Outline and fill in the cookies, using a tapered spatula to swirl the icing.
2. Further decorate the cookies.
3. Arrange lightning bolts and stars sprinkles and lightning bolt icing decorations on the cookies as desired.