- Do you need something scary to get excited about?
- Have you been into horror since the 1980s?
- Does the name Alvin Schwartz mean anything to you?
If the answer to these questions is yes then we’re already friends. Welcome.
Here’s what we know so far. It’s not much right now, but keep coming back because I’m keeping fans updated on all of the latest developments!
- The story is based upon the events and tales in Alvin Schwartz’s collection of frightening children’s stories and folktales, Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, published in 1981.
- “The story follows a group of young teens who must solve the mystery surrounding sudden and macabre deaths in their small town.”
- Guillermo del Toro will produce and co-write this piece of childhood terror alongside several other projects he has signed on for in the next few years.
- André Øvredal will direct. His work includes The Autopsy of Jane Doe and Trollhunter (if you haven’t you must, it’s on Netflix, but not the animated one, stop reading, go now!) and is promising considering what Scary Stories offers for content.
- Photography and filming are set to begin in Toronto this summer! Further information and release dates TBA.