Alright folks, we’re just a day away from the return of Star Trek: Discovery, which is released on January 7, 2018 at 8:30 p.m. ET. CBS recently released the episode titles for upcoming episodes. We start with “Despite Yourself” on Sunday, followed by “The Wolf Inside,” “Vaulting Ambition,” “What’s Past is Prologue,” “The War Without, The War Within,” and “Will You Take My Hand?” Yes, that’s only six episodes left…but you will be happy to know that the series will be returning for a second season!
If the first half of the season was any indicator, we should be in for an interesting second chapter. Here’s a teaser clip to get you even more excited for the upcoming episode!
It’s been a while since the last episode aired, however, so let’s take a quick look at where things left off.
- The first half of season one consisted primarily of Star Trek: Discovery characters facing off against the Klingons in a deadly war.
- After being blamed as the cause of the war, Burnham has finally managed to redeemed herself in the eyes of her crew.
- There’s a little something happening between her and Tyler.
- U.S.S. Discovery’s crew single-handedly take on the Klingon Ship of the Dead, all but ending the war.
- To ensure the assault was as success, Lt. Stamets agrees to perform 133 successive micro-jumps with the spore drive…which he survives, but barely.
- L’Rell (Tyler’s torturer and rapist) is taken prisoner and held in Discovery’s brig.
- Lt. Stamets agrees to a final jump home, but something goes terribly wrong and he’s unresponsive.
- The U.S.S. Discovery crew are stuck in an unknown area of space, their ship damaged, and sensors going crazy.
Any guesses for where the second half of this season is taking us!?
I’ve got a few notions, the main one being something akin to “I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore.” With all of the talk about alternate dimensions, are we about to find out why the U.S.S. Discovery, it’s crew, and the spore drive never come up in Star Trek: The Original Series? Oh, I do hope so!