Was your favourite Marvel Cinematic Universe movie the one where Paul Rudd plays a super-powered Tom Thumb? How about the one where a bad-ass Evangeline Lilly steals the show without super-powers? Well, you’re in luck: the sequel to 2015’s Ant-Man — Ant-Man and the Wasp — is one year away today! Let’s review what we know so far!
- This will be the last of 2018’s three MCU movies, with Black Panther coming out in February and Avengers: Infinity War coming out in May!
- This will also be the first of (at least) two movies in between the third and fourth Avengers movies — Brie Larson’s Captain Marvel is also confirmed for 2019, before the Avengers 4 May release date!
- Wasp will finally suit up this time — which means Evangeline Lilly’s Hope van Dyne is confirmed to return! (I mean, she’s in the dang title!)
- Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Michael Peña, David Dastmalchian and T.I. Harris are also confirmed to return as Scott Lang, Hank Pym, and jail buddies Luis, Kurt and Dave respectively!
- Peyton Reed will be in the directing chair again for the sequel, and this one will be written by Andrew Barrer and Gabriel Ferrari (and, again, co-written by Paul Rudd)!
- This movie will explore more of Hank Pym’s backstory, and the original Wasp — Janet van Dyne — will play a much larger role! It will also deal with the aftermath of Scott Lang’s role in Captain America: Civil War!
- Black Mirror‘s beautiful Hannah John-Kamen has been cast in an undisclosed role — perhaps as Janet herself?!
- It will be “mind-blowing”! Actor David Dastmalchian has said in an interview that the script does things the MCU hasn’t seen yet and that it’s amazing!
Can you wait? We sure can’t! Make sure to keep an eye on The Game of Nerds for all your MCU- and Ant-Man-related news!