Mr. Robot made it’s first ever appearance at San Diego Comic Con, complete with a convention-long virtual reality experience and a standing-room only panel hosted by Chris Hardwick! Here’s the news you may have missed if you weren’t able to make it to SCDD:
- Mr. Robot himself, Christian Slater is a big Pokemon Go fan! Look for him at your L.A. Pokestop!
- The production uses “block shooting,” meaning they shoot the episodes like they’re shooting one long film. According to Rami, he may shoot scenes from as many as 5 different episodes in one day.
- The music plays a huge part in the show and Sam Esmail the creator/director plays a big part in music selection.
- Rami Malek hinted that Elliot may still be hung up on Shayla.
- Elliot will eventually let his guard down to his new friend Ray… but is Ray real???
- Portia Doubleday says her character Angela’s story is going somewhere unpredictable, and described her character as “dangerous”, “troubling” and “explosive”.
- When the cast was asked what other character on the show they would like to play, Rami responded that he’d play Shayla so that he could kiss himself!
- There will be a Mr. Robot App and a Mr. Robot book hitting shelves soon!
That’s it for now! Please check back with TGON for all of our SDCC coverage, and join us on Wednesday nights for our Mr. Robot livetweets on Twitter!