After V Rising’s initial release in 2022 comes the newest free update and DLC: Secrets of Gloomrot. This article explains everything you need to know about the base game and everything new that came out this month.
READ: BUILD YOUR VAMPIRIC CLAN IN V RISING
So What is V Rising?
V Rising is a survival game in which you, the player, take the role of a vampire that has emerged from the dusty catacombs to begin your kingdom anew. Humans have conquered your kingdom and foolishly thought of themselves as the ones at the top of the food chain. Little do they know that you have risen again and aim to take back what was once yours.
In this open-world gothic landscape, players have the ability to collect resources, build castles, and conquer villages and towns alike. Survive against threats of both day and night – human hunters walk the paths, as well as equally vicious monsters wanting a taste of your blood. Of course, too, the sun itself scorches you if you dare step out of the shadows.
The original base game was released in Early Access through Steam on May 17, 2022. The newest DLC, Secrets of Gloomrot, has now been released exactly a year later.
What is New in Secrets of Gloomrot?
V Rising: Secrets of Gloomrot has a lot to offer new players. These include:
- The ability to now add multiple floors to your castles – as opposed to just building on the ground.
- 13 new bosses, each one with their own battle style and abilities – including those that you can take for yourself.
- 30 new enemy types. These are both monsters and men, including spiders, elementals, and even mutants, await you. The dangers of Gloomrot also pose more of a threat as they harness the power of science and technology to wield against you.
- An improved magic system allows players to become master illusionists, mysterious necromancers, or something else entirely.
- A completely new school of magic: Storm. Become electric yourself as your storm down your enemies.
- Two new weapon types. Either slice through your enemies with the great sword or shoot them down with the use of dual pistols.
- Legendary weapons that can be restored and enhanced to benefit your fighting style.
- A new transportation system consisting of teleporters and vampiric horses allows you to fully explore the map.
- More cosmetic choices to make your vampire entirely and uniquely yours.
What About For Existing Players?
Existing players should be mindful that all progress will be reset when launching the game. This includes online servers as well, so everyone returns to the same level and is on the same playing field. Additionally, the existing world of V Rising has been completely revamped – with pre-existing areas having more added to them.
However, long-time players will still have things to do. The starting missions have also changed – and are all still very much worth doing. Additionally, items previously used for tracking V Bloods (also known as the bosses of the game) have also changed. Players can instead select which one to track from a menu on the side as opposed to just a piece of furniture in their castles.
V Rising: Secrets of Gloomrot has now been released, announced for May 17, 2023. The DLC is free for players that already have the base game of V Rising. Paid DLC is aesthetic and decorative items.
If you are still curious about what the DLC includes, check out the trailer below.
What are your thoughts on V Rising‘s new DLC? Is it something you’re interested in playing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!