Become a more unusual kind of ’90’s cartoon superhero in the upcoming adventure platformer Adventures of Chris from publisher Graffiti Games and developer Guin Entertainment. Launching October 8th for $14.99 USD on Nintendo Switch and Steam (PC, Mac, and Linux), this wacky title will have players embark on a global adventure to save the world from an eclectic group of villains. Players can Wishlist Adventures of Chris on Steam, and pre-orders will be available soon on the Nintendo eShop.
Adventures of Chris is a ’90’s-inspired adventure platformer where you help a chubby underdog kid with wacky superpowers battle bizarre villains, unlock and customize special moves and spells, and save the world. After getting kidnapped and turned into a balloon by cartoon villains, you’ll escape and learn a bevy of skills such as how to throw lightning and bounce around like a basketball. Using these skills and more you’ll transform Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate hero, defeating the forces of villainy and making it home in time for dessert.
To celebrate the upcoming launch Graffiti Games and Guin Entertainment released a new trailer with plenty of ’90’s cartoon action.
“Adventures of Chris is a totally normal story about the adventures I went on as a nerdy, chubby kid back in 1995,” said Chris Guin, CEO of Guin Entertainment. “It has a neat story with lots of humor that I think gamers will enjoy. In addition to a comedic story I added a variety of gameplay mechanics to make the combat diverse and entertaining. I had fun making the game and I hope it becomes a favorite for many.”
Major Features Include:
- Uncover a sinister story in a quirky, cartoon-like universe.
- Explore 9 locations around the world in any order you please, plus the Kingdom of Lost Balloons and more!
- Build Chris from a weak kid into the ultimate underdog hero by upgrading him with unique special moves and abilities that you can customize to your style.
- Learn (or purchase) increasingly powerful spells and techniques.
- Battle bizarre villains across the globe, including samurai cats, cyborg penguins, and whiny vampires.
- Float or fall through unique platforming challenges.
- Two additional full game modes, including bonus content – a more difficult and humorous Mean Mode, and Developer Commentary.
- A variety of unlockable content and secrets to discover, including an in-depth backstory.
- Numerous difficulty settings, including “Ridiculously Easy” for players who prefer to never die, and “Hard for No Reason” for crazy people.
- Snort out loud with a game chock-full of laughs.