Oh, hello there! It’s me, Deadpool. I just wanted to take a break from hunting bad guys and show you how to make some cake pops. Now come with me, my fellow bakers! Class is now in session!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- Heat oven to 350*. Grease bottom and sides of rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, with butter; lightly flour.
- Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack. Cool completely.
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup stick butter, softened*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- Mix all ingredients except milk in medium bowl.
- Stir in milk until smooth and spreadable.
How To Build:
- In a large bowl, break cake apart into crumbs.
- Mix frosting into cake crumbs until fully incorporated.
- Roll about 1 tablespoon of cake into a ball. Push a wooden skewer halfway into the cake pop mix.
- Stick the skewers into a styrofoam block to hold the cake pops upright.
- Put 1 cup of red chocolate melts into a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on 50% power or defrost setting for 30 seconds; stir chocolate. Repeat until chocolate has completely melted.
- Dip cake pops in red chocolate. Stick skewers into styrofoam; put cake pops in fridge to set.
- Melt dark and white chocolate in separate bowls. Pour chocolate into piping bags, cutting a small tip for decorating
- Decorate cake pops as shown in photo below. Use a toothpick for details if necessary.
Hey, It’s Deadpool again! I hope you enjoyed this little recipe, I know I have! I hope to see you all again soon. As always, feel free to leave suggestions for future baking and tune in next week for another nerdalicious treat! This is Deadpool, signing off.