150 gr unsalted butter, softened
333 gr sugar
3 eggs, room temp
280 gr flour
67 gr cocoa powder
1¼ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
320 ml whole milk
230 gr unsalted butter, softened
480 gr powder sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
180 ml heavy cream
2 teaspoons banana flavouring
2 egg whites
160 gr powder sugar
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
Orange, yellow, black and pink gel food colouring
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. Line the cupcake pan with paper liners.
3. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa.
4. Cream the butter with the sugar until it is light and creamy.
5. Add one egg at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Alternate the addition of the dry ingredients and milk with the creamed butter mixture.
7. Beat until smooth after each addition.
8. Scoop the batter into lined cupcake tins.
9. Bake the cupcakes for 20-25 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
10. Let the cupcakes cool in the tin for 10 minutes.
11. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
1. Beat the softened butter on its own until it is smooth.
2. Add the vanilla and banana extract.
3. Add the powdered sugar with the heavy cream into the creamed butter until it becomes a smooth and thick texture. If the frosting is too thick, add more heavy cream, if the frosting is too thin, add more powdered sugar.
4. Add the frosting in a pastry bag with a large frosting tip.
5. Frost the cupcakes.
1. Mix the eggs, cream of tartar, and powder sugar on medium speed until the icing forms peaks.
2. Divide the royal icing into 4 bowls, two large and two small, and mix in each of the gel food colourings. In the first large bowl orange, the second large bowl yellow, the first smaller bowl black and the last bowl pink.
3. Find a Simba image on Google, copy and paste several of the same pictures of Simba onto one page, print out this sheet, tape it to a large cookie sheet and tape over a large sheet of wax paper.
4. Spoon the orange icing into a pastry bag. Outline Simba and then fill in the face. Don’t colour in the parts of Simba’s face that have another colour.
5. Spoon in the yellow icing in a pastry bag and outline and colour in the inside of his eyes and mouth and chin area.
6. Using the pink icing, outline his nose and inner ear then colour them in.
7. Lastly with the black icing add his whiskers, colour in his eyes and around the outside of his ear. Highlight with the black any other place the picture shows.
8. Allow the images to dry for 5-10 hours.
9. If the images are dry peel them off the wax paper and place on the frosted cupcake.