Six strangers are given mysterious black boxes with tickets to an immersive escape room for a chance to win tons of money. Being locked in several rooms with extreme conditions, they discover the secrets behind the escape room and must fight to survive and to find a way out.
One of the items that would be the most useful when trying to solve the riddles in an escape room, however, I am not sure how long you’d be able to use them when they are as tasteful looking as these!
315 gr all-purpose flour, plus more for working
3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
170 gr unsalted butter, at room temperature
150 gr sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
1 large egg, beaten
200 gr finely crushed pineapple Lifesavers candy
100 gr finely crushed green apple Lifesavers candy
How to bake
1. Whisk together the flour and salt in a bowl.
2. Beat the butter, sugar, and extracts on medium-high speed with an electric mixer until it is light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg until blended.
4. Reduce the mixer speed to low, and gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, beating just until the flour is incorporated.
5. Divide the dough in half, and flatten into 2 disks.
6. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 2 hours.
7. Preheat the oven to 325°F or 160°C.
8. Line three baking sheets with parchment paper.
9. Working with one disk at a time, on a lightly floured surface, roll the dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
10. Use a magnifying glass-shaped cookie cutter to cut as many cookies as possible; place them on prepared baking sheets.
11. Use a round cutter to remove the centre from each cookie.
12. Then reroll the scraps, and repeat the process.
13. Freeze the cookies for about 10 minutes while you stir the candies together in a bowl.
14. Bake the cookies until golden brown around the edges, this takes about 10 to 12 minutes.
15. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for about 3 minutes.
16. Sprinkle the crushed candies in the centre of each cookie, make sure to divide it evenly.
17. Bake the cookies again until the candies melt, this should take about 2 to 3 minutes; make sure to swirl the candies with a toothpick to mix the colours.
18. Then remove the baking sheets from the oven to let the cookies cool completely.