A live-action movie of Mulan was originally intended to be released on November 2nd, 2018 but was moved to December 20th, 2019 to avoid clashing with The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. Then because the film had been falling behind in production, it was moved a second time to March 27th, 2020 to avoid clashing with Star Wars: Episode IX.
When this release date will remain, this movie will be released on the 22nd anniversary of Mulan, the animated movie out of 1998.
Pie crust dough
315 grams all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons sugar
1 teaspoon salt
115 gr cold unsalted butter cubed
115 gr cold vegetable shortening cut into a few pieces
120 ml ice water
Flower cookie cutter
140 gr dark chocolate
170 gr heavy whipping cream
15 gr whipped cream
Red food colouring
How to bake
Pie crust dough
1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt until well combined.
2. Add the cold cubed butter and cold vegetable shortening to the pea-sized crumbs.
3. Slowly drizzle in one tablespoon of ice water at a time and gently mix it in. 4. Once the dough starts to come together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and pack it into a ball.
4. Cut the dough in half and flatten it into two discs.
5. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. Roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thickness.
3. Use the flower cookie cutter to cut out flower shapes.
4. Place the flower shapes into a cupcake pan and press the dough to the bottom of the pan until it is flat.
5. Straighten the petals and adjust as needed.
6. Bake the flowers for 6 minutes, then remove from the oven and let them cool.
7. To prepare the filling, put the chopped dark chocolate into a medium bowl.
8. Bring the heavy whipping cream to a boil in a saucepan.
9. Immediately remove the pan from the heat once it boils and pour the heavy cream into the bowl with the chocolate.
10. Cover the bowl and let it sit for 5 minutes.
11. Uncover and stir the chocolate and cream until it is all completely combined.
12. Using a small spoon, fill each pastry blossom with the chocolate filling.
13. Place them in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to set.
14. Place the whipped cream in a small bowl.
15. Add 1 drop of red food colouring and mix it completely until pink.
16. Using the tip of a butter knife, add a small drop of pink whipped cream to the middle of each chocolate blossom.
17. Add a sprinkle of pink sprinkles!