The true Halloween fans will already know this, but it is only 54 days until it is Halloween again! This year, Halloween starts already at October 12, 2018, with the release of the second Goosebumps movie: Haunted Halloween. This means that you still have a month to practice making this cake before the movie’s big release.
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup corn flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups buttermilk
1/3 cup strawberry jam
1/3 cup cocoa powder
5 sticks butter, softened and cut in cubes
4 tbsp cream/milk
4 tsp vanilla essence
Pinch of salt
5 cups powdered sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
Boil 1 cup water with half cup sugar and then cool completely.
Frosting and toppings
fondant for covering and decorations
1/4 cup melted white chocolate chips colored with green food coloring for slime
How to bake
1. Beat the butter, cream/milk, vanilla, and salt together until it is smooth. This should take about 1-2 minutes with a hand mixer.
2. Add the sugar and mix with a spoon.
3. Now, with the hand mixer beat the sugar in until its smooth and totally incorporated.
4. Then beat the mixture for another 4-5 minutes until the frosting is fluffy and light.
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
2. Grease and line three 9 inch (23 cm) pans with parchment paper.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together and set it aside.
4. In a stand mixer, beat the butter with the sugar until it is light and fluffy.
5. Add the eggs, one at a time and continue beating at medium speed.
6. Once the four eggs are combined well, add the vanilla essence and beat it in.
7. Add the flour in three batches, alternating it with the buttermilk.
8. Divide the batter into three bowls.
9. Add the cocoa powder into one batch, the strawberry jam into another. Leave the third one plain.
10. Pour the batter into the prepared pans and bake for about 35-45 minutes until a skewer comes free of cake crumbs when inserted into the middle of the cake.
11. Take them out of the oven, let them cool in the pans for 10-15 minutes.
12. Then take the pans off, cling wrap them two times and return them to the same pan until its time to decorate.
1. Take half cup of the buttercream and add 1-2 tbsp cocoa powder for making chocolate buttercream.
2. When the cake has completely cooled down, level the cakes.
3. Save the domes for making the eyeballs.
4. Anchor the chocolate cake with a little buttercream to the base.
5. Sprinkle sugar syrup all over the cake and spread a layer of chocolate buttercream on top of it. 6. Top with the vanilla cake.
7. Spread and level a layer of buttercream before topping with the strawberry layer.
8. Frost the cake with buttercream.
9. Crumb coat and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before adding one more layer of buttercream.
10. Cover the cake with fondant and decorate as desired.
11. The eyeballs are the leftover cake portions mixed with a little buttercream to give sturdiness. Then wrapped with fondant without any buttercream underneath.
12. The green slime is melted white chocolate chips with green food coloring once they were completely melted.