Danny Rand is back! A year ago, who would have thought that I’d end that sentence with an exclamation point? Now that Scott Buck is out of the picture, things are looking up for The Iron Fist—especially after all of the news we were given at their panel. Down below you can find a video of the entire panel, with a breakdown of all the biggest information revealed.
Let’s breakdown what we learned from the panel:
- We officially got a release date of September 7th, 2018 for Iron Fist’s sophomore run
- Better fight scenes were promised. Not only were the audience in attendance impressed by scenes shown to them, but it was announced that Clayton Barber is the new fight choreographer in charge this season (formerly from Black Panther).
- We will see both Danny Rand and Davos done the classic comic book masks—well, at least in a flashback scene. Wether he wears the costume in the present day is still a mystery, but it wouldn’t be out of the question with all of the teasing happening.
- Davos will be returning as the Steel Serpent. A scene showed off featured him preparing to take on a Triad leader. Just before he rushes into action, his signature red neon hand can be seen.
- Simone Missick will reprise the role of Misty Knight for Iron Fist Season 2.
- Luke Cage Season 2 gave us our first tease of the Daughters Of The Dragon, but it was confirmed that both Misty and Colleen as a pair will play a major role in the upcoming season.
- The villain for Iron Fist Season 2 was revealed! Played by Alice Eve, Typhoid Mary will be the thorn in Danny’s side this time around. A scene shown to the audience showed her wielding her two signature dual-machetes as she took both Mist and Collen down at the same time.
Personally all of these details sound very exciting, and it does give me some hope for the show going forward. As for the teaser trailer they released, I do believe that Netflix missed that one hard. While fans may enjoy the news they are hearing, that teaser won’t win back any of the general audience that didn’t like the show. With us being this close to the show’s release, I don’t see a reason that we didn’t get a full story trailer. You can see the trailer in question down below.
What do you guys think about all of the news? Are you more excited for Iron Fist Season 2 after their SDCC panel? Let us know by sounding off below in the comments below.
Iron Fist Season 2 will be available to stream exclusively with Netflix on September 7th, 2018