*This post contains affiliate links. Thank you for supporting The Game of Nerds*
Happy Tuesday everybody! In my opinion this is a very lackluster week of releases, so, I’ve picked a movie I left off last week for this week. Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay, a kick ass DC animated movie.
A special group of imprisoned villains is brought together by Amanda Waller. Task Force X is assigned the mission of retrieving a mystical object. Deadshot, Harley Quinn, Bronze Tiger, Captain Boomerang, Killer Frost, and Copperhead risk their lives to find the powerful object.– Warner Bros. Home Entertainment
DC live action movies aren’t doing so hot right now, at least critically but most can agree that the animated movies are great and lately they’ve been straight killing it. Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay is what the Suicide Squad movie should’ve been, it’s an absolute thrill ride it’s fun, funny and action packed. The characters are way more fleshed out and developed, they all serve a purpose and one isn’t to blow up. Some lesser known characters like Bronze Tiger get the spotlight and there’s tons of fun cameos. And the best part of all this movie is a hard R. The DCEU could learn something from the DCAU.
Included with the Blu-ray:
- Blu-ray Disc
- Digital HD
- Special Features
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie, The Death of Superman: “The Death of Superman” – The Death of Superman is widely considered one of the most popular stories in the Superman canon and the DCU. This sneak peek at the exciting new film discusses the story and its place in pop culture.
- Outback Rogue: Captain Boomerang (Featurette) – Audiences get a deeper look at this unconventional, yet entertaining villain from Down Under and how he’s evolved from The Flash universe to the Suicide Squad.
- Nice Shot, Floyd! The Greatest Marksman in the DCU (Featurette) – Floyd Lawton, AKA Deadshot, is one of the most popular antiheroes in the DC pantheon. An excellent marksman and assassin, he often brags that he never misses his shot. Take a closer look at this fascinating character.
- The Power of Plot Devices, MacGuffins and Red Herrings (Featurette) – An insightful examination of the power of a good plot device and the important influence it has over story.
- Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay Commentary – The creative filmmaking team of screenwriter/co-producer Alan Burnett and executive producer James Tucker share their thoughts and stories on the characters, themes and development of Suicide Squad: Hell To Pay.
You can buy Suicide Squad: Hell to Pay here.
Actual titles out this week:
- The Commuter
- The Post
- American Folk
- The Awful Truth (1937) Criterion Collection
- The Color of Pomegranates (1969) Criterion Collection r
- A Demon Within
- Honor Up
- Humor Me
- Killing for Love
- Les Girls
- The List of Adrian Messenger
- A Taxi Driver
- 12 Monkeys Season 3
- Claws Season 1
- Genius Season 1
- Interview With Monster Girls Complete Series
- Killjoys Season 3
- Mystery Science Theater 3000 Season 11
See you next week for a beary good time.