In Harry Potter and the Philosopher Stone, the first sight of ‘Voldemort’ (technically it’s Professor Quirinus Quirrell with Voldemort in the back of his head, but okay…) we see after being defeated by baby Harry is in the Forbidden Forest. Where he needs to drink unicorn blood in order to keep Quirrell’s body alive, and therefore also himself. Now I don’t encourage you to drink unicorn blood, but since January 13 marks the release of the fan made movie Voldemort: Origins of the Heir, I thought it was only appropriate to bake something unicorn themed this week!
Voldemort: Origins of the Heir will be out on the Tryangle Films Youtube page somewhere on January 13th!
230 gr butter, melted
300 granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
280 gr all purpose flour
150 gr sprinkles
230 gr butter, room temperature
640 gr powdered sugar
2-3 tablespoons milk
blue food colouring (or any desired colour)
sprinkles for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/177C°.
2. Line a 9×13inch/22×33 cm pan with foil and coat with nonstick spray or some melted butter and set it off to the side.
3. In a large bowl whisk together the butter and sugar.
4. Add the vanilla, eggs and salt and whisk until smooth.
5. Use a rubber spatula to stir in the flour until everything is just combined.
6. Lastly, stir in the sprinkles.
7. Spread the batter into the prepared pan.
8. Bake for about 25-30 minutes until the edges are set. The bars might seem underdone, but allow them to cool completely.
1. In a bowl, beat the butter for 1-2 minutes with a mixer until it is smooth.
2. Turn the mixer a low setting and slowly add the powdered sugar.
3. Next, add 2 tablespoons of milk and mix on medium speed until it’s creamy, scrape the sides of the bowl as necessary. If the frosting is too stiff add one more tablespoon of milk until the desired consistency is reached.
4. Finally, add in 1-2 drops of food colouring and mix until a pale colour is reached and the colour is evenly mixed.
5. Pipe or spread the frosting on top of the bars.
6. Garnish with more sprinkles if desired.
*No unicorns will be harmed when baking this recipe