We now have our official first footage from the long awaited sequel to everyone’s favorite Merc with a Mouth! In classic Deadpool fashion, the footage came as a surprise within a hilarious Bob Ross inspired skit. You can see for yourself down below!
As brief as the actual footage was, what we saw looks great! But what exactly did we see? Let’s take a quick, step by step look:
- The footage starts with an unknown person drawing a gun from a holster.
- Deadpool aiming his own firearm
- Explosions happening in an undisclosed building.
- Deadpool/Wade about to get it on with Vanessa in a kitchen
- Deadpool and Dopinder walking with swagger
- Negasonic Teenage Warhead’s middle finger, and that amazing X-Men suit
- Wade running emotionally in the rain
- An unknown character in what looks like a church area, with posters behind them on the wall that reads “The End Is Near” and “Purity, Humanity, Infinity”
- Potentially in the same building, we see our very first—extremely brief—glimpse at Domino
- A funny shot of Deadpool and Blind Al as she corrects her aim
- Another shot of Dopinder, this time with Weasel!
- Deadpool popping out of a coffin, and then a separate shot of him about to do bad things with a fully functioning chainsaw
- Our last shot—not including the toaster—at the very end of the teaser gives us another extremely brief glimpse at a character, this time being for none other than Cable himself.
What did you guys think the the quick footage? To me it looks like we’ll be getting more of exactly what we want from the foul mouthed mercenary. Now being referred to as The Untitled Deadpool Sequel, you can take a glimpse at their recently released thanksgiving themed first poster below.
Starring Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool, Josh Brolin as Cable, and Zazie Beetz as Domino, The Untitled Deadpool Sequel will hit theaters on June 1st, 2018.