Justice League is out today! To celebrate, let’s make these Justice league cake pops that you can decorate according to your favourite superhero!
70 gr butter
133 gr sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
140 gr Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
89 ml whole milk
55 gr butter
320 gr powdered sugar
75 ml milk
Equipment for cake pops
Tablespoon or 1 Tablespoon cookie scoop
Lollipop Sticks or Paper Straws
Candy Melts (yellow, black, red, green and a little bit of white)
Cake Pop Stand (Styrofoam) if you want your pops to have round tops.
Cookie Sheet covered with Wax Paper
How to bake
- Preheat the oven to 350ᵒF/177ᵒC.
- Prepare a 9 inch/23 cm round cake pan with non-stick spray or butter and some flour.
- Cream the butter then add the sugar. Beat for 3 minutes until it is smooth and pale in colour.
- Add in the eggs and the extracts.
- Combine the dry ingredients into another bowl.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the batter. Mix. Add half of milk. Mix. Add in 1/3 of the flour and mix. Pour in remaining milk and mix. Add in remaining flour and beat until just combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for about 25 minutes. Check with a skewer or toothpick if the cake is done.
- Allow the cake to cool completely. Wrap in plastic and set aside.
- For the buttercream, beat the butter until smooth. Gradually add in the powdered sugar and the milk and beat until smooth.
- Cut the cake in half and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add 1/4 cup of the frosting and mix with your hands or a mixer until smooth. There should be no cake lumps and there should be no sign of the frosting. The batter should be that of a play-doh consistency.
- Add more cake if there is visible frosting. Add more frosting if the batter appears dry.
- Measure one tablespoon of the cake pop batter and place them on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Roll the batter between clean, dry hands until they are smooth balls. Do not compress the batter.
- Place the rolled cake balls into the fridge for 30 to 60 minutes depending on how soft your cake balls were. Do not place them into the freezer to speed things along. Getting the cake pops too cold will lead to cracked cake pops.
- Melt the candy melts in different deep glass bowls or ceramic mugs according to the directions.
- Stir your melts until smooth. Dip 1/4 inch of the stick into any of the colours candy melt and then insert it halfway into the cake ball. Complete all the cake pops like this.
- Decorate the cake pops according to your favourite superheroes:
Batman: Dip the cake pop in the yellow candy melts and use a small piping bag with black candy melt to draw the bat sign.
Superman: Dip the cake pop in the yellow candy melts and use a small piping bag with black candy melt to draw the Superman logo.
The Flash: Dip the cake pop in the red candy melts and use a small piping bag with yellow candy melt to draw the lighting bolt.
Wonder Woman: Dip the cake pop in the yellow candy melts and use a small piping bag with red candy melt to draw the wonder woman logo.
Green Lantern: Dip the cake pop in the green candy melts and use a small piping bag with black candy melt to draw the green lantern logo.
These are just examples, use your creativity to create all the superheroes you want!