“At Daenerys Targaryen’s wedding to KhalDrogo, Magister Illyrio Mopatis gives her a gift of three fossilized dragon’s eggs. After Drogo’s death and the death of their son, Daenerys places the eggs on her husband’s funeral pyre: the black beside his heart, under his arm, the green beside his head, the cream-and-gold down between his legs. After the pyre is lit, Daenerys walks into the fire, and the eggs hatch into living dragons.”
—– A Wiki Of Fire And Ice —–
115 gr butter, softened
200 gr sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon ground (ancho) chile pepper
1/2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon milk
280 gr all-purpose flour
Food colouring: Red, Brown and Green (Yellow is optional)
Clean brush, sponge or sponge brush
Gold or Bronze Edible Spray
How to bake
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds until it is smooth and fluffy.
2. Add the sugar, baking powder, the (ancho) chile pepper, the black pepper, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper.
3. Beat until everything is combined, while scraping the side of the bowl occasionally.
4. Mix in the egg and the milk until it is combined.
5. Beat in as much of the flour as you can. Using a wooden spoon, stir in any remaining flour. If necessary, knead dough slightly to blend.
6. Shape the dough into a ball, then divide the dough in half and turn them into rough logs.
7. Wrap plastic wrap or waxed paper around the logs and let them chill for 4 to 24 hours.
8. Preheat the oven to 375°F or 190°C.
9. Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper
10. Remove the dough from the fridge and with a sharp knife, cut the logs into 1/4″ thick slices.
11. Shape the slices to look like oval discs. Place them on the baking tray with some room between them.
12. Use the non-serrated edge of a butter knife, make a criss-cross pattern on top of the cookies.
13. Make sure to not press all the way through. You can choose any design you like.
14. Bake for about 8-9 minutes or until the bottom of the cookies are just beginning to brown.
15. Let the cookies cool for a minute before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
1. Put 1 tablespoon of water each into 3 little bowls.
2. Into the first bowl, put 2 drops of red food gel and stir so the colour is spread evenly.
3. Into the second bowl, place 2 drops of brown food gel and mix it up.
4. In the last bowl, put 2 drops of green and likewise stir. Feel free to adjust them as you like, such as adding a bit of yellow to brighten and warm the colours.
5. Divide the cookies into 3 groups, laying them out flat on a large piece of parchment paper.
6. Pick a colour and a group of cookies to start with. Dip the sponge into one of the bowls. Lightly drag the wetted sponge across the cookies to colour them, dabbing slightly if needed.
7. Let the cookies sit for a bit for the colour to dry. Then spray them lightly with gold or bronze by holding the sprayer about 9″-12″(22-30 cm) away and moving back & forth as you spray.
8. Let the cookies dry again before serving.