Welcome to the first ever TGON Bakes! Every week I’ll give you another delicious recipe to bake the most nerdiest goodies you can imagine. And it wouldn’t be The Game Of Nerds if it wouldn’t fit in with the theme, so every recipe will have some connection to the nerd world!
We will kick this year off with something light, after all, we just had the holidays with all the food so we might want to tame it down for a bit. So here I give you a recipe for Cookie Monsters Cookies. Now I know that Cookie Monster and sesame street aren’t really things you would normally see at TGON, but he is one of my favourite characters from that show. And as soon as I saw these cookies, I thought that they were perfect for someone like Cookie Monster. Besides, who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? I know I do!
What will you need:
- 292 gr flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 240 gr softened butter
- 180 gr Brown sugar
- 100 gr white sugar
- ¼ tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 180 gr chocolate chips
This is how it’s done:
- Mix the flour with the salt and the baking soda and whisk it around
- In another bowl, mix the softened butter and both types of sugar until you have a combined, smooth mixture
- Add in the vanilla extract to the wet ingredients
- Also to the wet ingredients, add in one egg at a time and mix it very well, when the first egg is completely dissolved add the other one.
- After that mixture is well combined, add the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar/egg mixture.
- Once it is combined, add the chocolate chips and carefully spoon everything together.
- Scoop balls of dough onto baking sheets.(make them as big or as small as you want but try to keep them uniform so they cook perfectly in the same amount of time.)
- Put them in a pre-heated oven at 190 celsius (375 F) and bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes.
- Let them cool down for a few minutes and start enjoying the cookies!
Don’t forget to share the cookies if you’ve made them, I’d love to see your creations! Make sure you tag your photos with #TGONBakes