In Zelda: Breath of the Wild when one successfully creates an ‘Egg Tart’ they will utilize a bird egg, cane sugar, goat butter, and Tabantha wheat. After collecting the necessary ingredients, dumping them into a conveniently placed cooking pot, and hearing the tell-tale tune of success one will read, “You’ll know this simple dessert is done baking when it smells just delightful”. With a bit of time and some Sheikah wisdom you too will enjoy a few regenerated hearts and a tasty treat!
——Written by Blaike——
280 gr Plain Flour
2 tablespoons Icing Sugar
2 Egg Yolk
1 Egg White
150 gr Butter
150 gr Sugar
150 gr Hot Water
4 Whole Eggs
250 ml Fresh Milk
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
A pinch of fine salt
How to Bake:
1. Cream the butter with icing sugar together
2. Then add in the egg yolk & egg white and mix.
3. Add the flour and mix.
4. Once it is well mixed, using your hands, press the mixture together and form a dough. If the dough is too wet or oily, do add some flour. Knead it well.
5. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap. Put it into the fridge for about 15 min to let it cool.
6. Take the dough out of the fridge.
7. Cut the dough into 12 equal portions (about 38 gr each).
8. Roll the individual pieces of dough into a ball. Using a tart case, press the pastry ball until it is a flat piece.
9. Line the dough in the middle of the tart cases, lightly press the dough into the tart cases.
10. Refrigerate the tart cases for 30mins.
11. Preheat the oven to 180°C or 356°F.
12. Add the sugar into the hot water and mix until the sugar is completely dissolved.
13. Set aside and let it cool.
14. Beat the eggs with the milk, vanilla essence and salt.
15. Slowly pour in the sugar water and combine it well.
16. Sift the egg mixture TWICE to achieve a smooth egg mixture.
17. Take the tarts out of the refrigerator, carefully pour the egg mixture into each tart shell.
18. Bake the 25 min at the bottom of the oven.
19. Let them cool slightly before serving with whipped cream or ice cream.