We’ll have to wait until October for the next season, but that doesn’t mean you have to miss your beloved Lucifer this summer. Especially when I give you this recipe to make Lucifer cupcakes. They look like they could easily be served in Lux.
But I must warn you, eating too many might leave you with some unwanted surprises 😉
What you’ll need
156 gr flour
57 gr butter, at room temperature
150 gr sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
½ tablespoon liquid red food colouring
6 gr unsweetened cocoa powder
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
118 ml buttermilk
½ teaspoon white vinegar
½ teaspoon baking soda
80 gr unsalted butter, room temperature
228 gr icing sugar
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract
red gel food colouring
black fondant, pre bought
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/177°C.
2. Line a muffin tin with paper liners and spray with cooking spray or use a little butter or oil. Once you are done, set them aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl, also your main mixing bowl combine the butter and sugar. Mix it on a medium speed until the mixture is light and fluffy.
4. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the food colouring, cocoa powder and vanilla.
6. Add this to the butter/sugar mixture and mix well.
7. Stir the salt into the buttermilk and add to the batter in two parts, alternating with the cake flour, starting and ending with flour.
8. In a small bowl, stir together the vinegar and baking soda, add to the batter and mix well.
9. Fill the cupcake liners about ⅔ full with batter and bake in preheated oven for 17-18 minutes or until a toothpick/skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
1. Beat all the ingredients together in a bowl until combined.
2. Add the food colouring until you achieve your desired shade of red.
3. With the black fondant make pairs of devil horns.
4. Place a pair on top of a cupcake covered with the red frosting.