According to a new study, 46% of couples around the world have at least one cheater in them.
Before you start going through your partner’s phone, it’s not what you think, this study focuses on “Netflix Cheating”
Netflix Cheating: watching a TV show ahead of your significant other
In a binge-watching world where it’s easy to say ‘just one more,’ Netflix cheating has quickly become the new normal…
Netflix cheating was first uncovered in 2013 and this worldwide epidemic is on the rise:
- 60% of consumers saying they’d cheat more if they knew they’d get away with it.
- 81% of cheaters are repeat offenders
- 44% have cheated 3+ times.
WHERE IS CHEATING HAPPENING? (EVERYWHERE)
- Canadians are a little less polite than you may think with 37% of couples streaming behind each other’s backs.
- The most cheaters are in Brazil (57%) and Mexico (58%)
- The most loyal viewers are in Netherlands (73% have not cheated), Germany (65%) and Poland (60%).
WHAT SHOWS ARE WE CHEATING ON? (ALL OF THEM)
It seems you can’t trust the person you love/like/tolerate with any show, but the top offenders are the following.
- The Walking Dead
- Breaking Bad
- Orange is the New Black
- Grey’s Anatomy
- Bates Motel
- Stranger Things
- Gilmore Girls
- House of Cards
- The 100.
WHY DO WE CHEAT? (WE JUST CAN’T HELP IT)
66% of cheaters interviewed said that “the shows are just so good we can’t stop bingeing.”
On a more reassuring note, Bae doesn’t always mean to cheat on you, 76% of cheating is unplanned!
HOW DO WE CHEAT? (ANY WAY WE CAN)
25% of global cheating happens when one partner falls asleep. #Rude
53% of people are of the belief that “sleep cheating” doesn’t count as cheating, though I’m guessing it’s the same people who do it
- Chileans think it’s no big deal
- Japanese couples sees it as unforgivable
- Most Canadians say sleep cheating isn’t cheating at all.
IS CHEATING SO BAD? (DEPENDS WHERE YOU LIVE)
If you’re someone who has cheated, you’re not alone. Though 7% of streaming couples think watching ahead is worst that having an actual affair, most have done it at least once!
I can admit that I’m guilty of streaming infidelity; I devoured iZombie without telling the guy I was seeing & decided to just ghost him instead of admitting my indiscretions. Did you Netflix Cheat on your S.O.? Did they catch you? We want to hear from you!
courtesy of Netflix