With the addition of characters from the Land of Untold Stories, we’re moving further away from the fairy tale and Disney aspects that Once Upon A Time has stuck to for several seasons and is starting to mix in things from other literature and stories. I must admit that going into this, I didn’t know much about the Count of Monte Cristo, though I did know enough to figure out who he was before his name was revealed.
And we get more of the Evil Queen. Without the Regina part of her, she’s just a pure evil character, not someone who it is easy to relate to. While Regina has retained the complexity of her character development all the way through, so far the Evil Queen just seems very flat.
As usual, below are first reactions to watching the episode:
- “I agreed to a drink, not a private graveyard tour”
- Damn evil queen!
- Zelena please don’t listen to her
- Go Regina!!
- Hook and Belle go off to find somewhere for her to stay while Emma goes to see Archie
- Mysterious new person
- The Count of Monte Cristo?
- Evil Queen going to the Count for help with revenge
- Aaaaah. Yeah this isn’t going to go well
- Emma confides in Archie about her visions
- “If I don’t help people then who am I”
- “Do you really want to hear about every time I tried to kill you?” “Yes!”
- Snow and Charming… hired their own assassin?
- This is not going to go well
- And of course there’s a barrier around the town. There’s always something
- Nawww Hook!
- Oh dear. Zelena! Tell her the truth!!
- Rumple why are you sniffing people?
- Gold and the Evil Queen. This isn’t going to go well is it….
- The Count doesn’t kill innocents
- Regina and the Evil Queen meet each other for the first time
- Of course she has his heart
- Edmond really doesn’t want to hurt them!
- Rumple you’re… awful
- So that’s why Edmond goes to the Land of Untold Stories. To save Charlotte
- Oh. Oh baby
- Regina don’t listen to the Evil Queen!
- That’s the coin the Queen took from Gold?
- David don’t listen to her!
- Dammit Zelena! Don’t listen to the Queen!
- No one should listen to the Queen!
So all in all… no one should ever listen to the Evil Queen. I could have told them that several seasons ago.