Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed has been announced and is set to be released this year. It will be a 1-vs-4 game that pits a team of Ghostbusters against a ghost, much like the very popular game Dead by Daylight.
The four players that take the roles of the Ghostbusters follow the same principles of the games. First, use the PKE Meter to detect the ghost, then use various tools to subdue them. The aim of the Ghostbusters is to neutralize the ghost before they make the location too haunted.
The other player is then the ghost. Similar to the killers in Dead by Daylight, they work against the other four players. The ghosts can teleport, summon minions, and stun the other players with slime. In addition, they aim to make the location as haunted as possible.
Other Features Include:
- Voices from the cast, such as Ernie Hudson as Winston Zeddemore and Dan Aykroyd as Raymond “Ray” Stantz.
- Songs from the original movies, such as the iconic Ghostbusters theme tune.
- Various different locations, including hotels and museums.
- Different ghosts that the players can take control of.
- The ability to customize your ghostbuster and ghost, making them fit your personal playstyle.
- An offline mode for those that want to play solo.
Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed is due to be released this year on PC, Playstation, and Xbox, with crossplay available. Check out the trailer below:
Will you want to be a buster or a ghost? Are you excited about this new game? Let us know in the comments!