Let’s Build A Zoo is a game where you do exactly as the title suggests. You build a zoo, buy and breed animals, and manage your zoo. It’s reminiscent of the Zoo Tycoon franchise, with thousands upon thousands of animals to choose from. However, there is something different about this one that stands out from the others – DNA splicing.
Springloaded and No More Robots have teamed up to create this management simulator where creativity is the limit. Players can choose the layout of their zoo, what animals to house and which to combine into some kind of new abomination.
Similar to games such as Zoo Tycoon and Planet Zoo, players will have to both customer needs and animal needs. Animals will need appropriate enclosures with food, water, enrichment, and shelters to keep them happy. As shown in videos on the No More Robots YouTube channel, if these needs aren’t met, animals can become stressed and attack others.
Despite the cutesy pixel art with adorable, bouncing animals, there are hints at darker ways to play the game. If DNA splicing wasn’t enough, players can also strike up deals with the black market to get rarer animals. There has also been mention of a morality system, which is affected by what actions the player makes.
Other features include:
- Build your own zoo with over 500 different animals at your disposal, then splice together over 300,000 different animal combinations.
- Keep your animals and your visitors happy, with hundreds of buildings, foliage, path, and enclosure decorations.
- Hire the perfect employees to deal with a variety of life events.
- Control everything that happens in your park, from what your animals eat to what eats your animals…
- Decide whether you want to run your Zoo above board… or break the law and pocket the extra cash.
Let’s Build A Zoo will be available on PC through Steam. You can check out the reveal trailer here: