2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter
1 1/4 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 large eggs
9 cups powdered sugar
2 cups *stick* butter
4 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
3-5 tablespoons milk
Black food coloring
Green food coloring
Yellow food coloring
1. ) Heat oven to 350°. Grease bottom and sides of 2 round pans, 9×1 1/2 inches, with shortening; lightly flour.
2. ) Beat all ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on high speed 3 minutes. Pour into pans.
3. ) Bake 9-inch rounds 30 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool rounds for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire rack. Cool completely.
4. ) Level cake layers by cutting top until flat.
5. ) Mix powdered sugar and and butter in large bowl. Stir in vanilla and milk.
6. ) Beat until smooth and spreadable.
7.) Spread a layer of frosting on the bottom layer. Center the top cake layer on top of the frosting. Spread another thin layer of frosting all over the cake for the crumb coat.
8. ) In a separate bowl, take enough frosting to cover the whole cake and mix in green food coloring until a light green color appears. Spread green frosting all over the cake, completely covering it.
9. ) Create an outline for the design using a cutout piece of paper. Place four toothpicks around the center of the cake to keep the outline in place (as shown in photo).
10. ) Once the toothpicks are in place, spread a circle of white frosting inside of the placed toothpicks. place the outline on top of the white frosting.
11. ) In a separate bowl, take a small amount of frosting and mix in black food coloring.
12. ) Put the black frosting in a piping bag, and cut a small tip for the details in the outline. Pipe the black frosting into the holes of the outline for the facial features.
13. ) In a separate bowl, take a medium amount of frosting and mix in yellow food coloring. Put the frosting in a piping bag.
14. ) Using a butter knife, create an outline for the petals of the flower as shown below!
15. ) Cut the tip of the piping bag. Pipe yellow frosting into the outlines of the petals as shown in the photo below.