Guess what? It’s Tuesday and that means new releases. My pick for this week is Zombieland: Double Tap, which quite frankly was a movie I wasn’t looking forward to but actually had a blast with.
*This article contains affiliate links thank you for supporting The Game of Nerds*
Zombie slayers Tallahassee, Columbus, Wichita and Little Rock leave the confines of the White House to travel to Graceland in Memphis, Tenn. Along the way, they encounter other post-apocalyptic warriors and a group of survivors who find refuge in a commune. The scrappy fighters must now rely on their wits and weapons more than ever as they soon find themselves in a relentless battle against smarter, faster and seemingly indestructible zombies. – Sony Pictures Releasing
Just some quick thoughts. This movie had no right being good. A freaking sequel 10 years later, that preposterous. But against all odds, this movie was a hilarious watch. The cast was on point and the new additions matched their caliber. The jokes were funny and clever really playing off of the fact the world ended in 2009. Did this movie need to exist? No, but I’d go see a third one.
Included with the Blu-ray:
- Blu-ray Disc
- Digital HD
- Special Features
- Extended Bloopers & Outtakes
- Alternate & Extended Scenes
- “The Beast is Gone”: Tragedy falls upon Tallahassee.
- “Van Rides”: A vehicle says a lot about a person.
- “Would of Never Met”: Wichita and Columbus discuss what their lives would have been like if not for the zombie apocalypse.
- “In Bed”: Tallahassee’s still got it!
- “Breakfast at Babylon”: Cruelty-free breakfast and conversation.
- “Car Ride”: Road trips were made for family bonding.
- “Melting Gun”: Tallahassee says goodbye to another friend.
- “There’s a Party Tonight”: I don’t want to hang out with a bunch of hippies.
- “Alternate Proposal”: Love is the perfect mix of cool and uncool.
- “The Doppelgangers”: From stunts to special effects, this in-depth piece breaks down doppelgangers Flagstaff and Albuquerque and comes complete with interviews, demonstrations, and multiple cameras to snag all the action in their wild scenes.
- “The Rides of Zombieland”: From the Beast to Big Fat Death (and a hated Pontiac Trans Sport in between) this short focuses on the rides that get our main characters around Z-land.
- “Rules of Making a Zombie Film”: It takes a lot of rules and a lot of people to make a zombie film!
- “Making Babylon”: Explore the climactic third act location in the film known in Zombieland as Babylon. Part fortress, part freshman dormitory, Babylon is the safe-place for a generation of misguided peace-loving retro-hippies.
- “New Blood”: Rosario Dawson, Zoey Deutch, and Avan Jogia join our zombie-slaying cast.
- “Single Take Doppelganger Fight”: Ruben Fleischer shares the camera monitor during the Doppelganger fight sequence.
- Commentary with Director Ruben Fleischer
- “Zombieland Ad Council”
You can buy Zombieland: Double Tap here.
Also available this week:
- Jay and Silent Bob Reboot
- Pain and Glory
- The Addams Family
- Anthropocene: The Human Epoch
- Black and Blue
- The Courier
- I See You
- Le Petit Soldat (1963) Criterion Collection release
- Little Monsters
- Mrs. Lowry & Son
- Matlock COMPLETE SERIES
- The Morose Mononokean II SEASON 2
Next week, we take care of a parasite.