140 gr all-purpose flour
30 gr cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 egg whites, at room temperature
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
300 gr granulated sugar
1 teaspoon. pure vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
Whipped cream, for serving
Sliced strawberries, for serving
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C and grease a tube pan.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, and salt.
3. In another large bowl beat the egg whites and cream of tartar together until soft peaks form, then gradually add the sugar until stiff peaks form.
4. Beat in the extracts.
5. Gently fold in half of the dry mixture until it is fully combined, then fold in the remaining dry mixture.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
7. Let the cake cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan and let it then cool completely.
8. Serve with whipped cream and strawberries.