300gr of 70% cocoa dark chocolate
473gr margarine or butter
12 large eggs
600gr caster sugar
300gr plain flour
45gr cocoa powder
9gr baking powder
Strawberry ganache and jam
1150gr white chocolate
750gr white fondant
250gr orange fondant to cover the cake board (optional)
50gr green fondant for the ball
250gr brown fondant for the patches and ears
50gr black fondant for eyes and nose
50gr blue fondant for the colour
Edible gold lustre dust
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 356 °F/180℃.
2. Place the chocolate and margarine into a bowl.
3. Melt this in the microwave in 30-second blasts.
4. Whisk in the sugar and then the eggs.
5. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
6. Mix the flour mixture into the cake mixture until everything is just combined.
7. Pour into two 38cm/14.96 inches x 25cm/9.84 inches trays.
8. Bake the cakes in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Test if it’s done by inserting a skewer into the centre, if it comes out clean it is ready.
1. Puree the strawberries in a blender.
2. Pour the puree into a fine sieve and push it through with a spoon, until all the juice is all in the bowl.
3. Split the juice into two bowls.
1. Melt the chocolate.
2. Mix half of the strawberry puree with the melted white chocolate.
3. Place in the fridge to thicken.
1. Place the juice and sugar in a saucepan.
2. Heat until the sugar dissolves.
3. Allow to cool.
1. Trim the top of your cakes to level them. Cut out the circles of cake as shown on the template.
2. Stack the cakes layering them with strawberry jam and ganache.
3. Add the cake pop sticks and cake boards for support as you stack.
4. Place your side template in front of the cake and cut away the pieces of cake that you can see.
5. Repeat with the back template, then round off any corners.
6. Cover the whole cake in ganache.
7. Once it is covered, smooth out the ganache.
8. Then put the cake in the fridge until the ganache is set firmly.
9. Wrap the white fondant around the cake.
10. Take some more fondant and drape it over his head.
11. Use the other fondant to make the collar, eyes, nose, eyebrows and legs.
12. Store the cake in the fridge until it is ready to serve.