70gr butter, at room temperature
150gr granulated sugar
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
175gr cake flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
Pinch of salt
60ml plain yoghurt or sour cream
3 large egg whites
Swiss Meringue Buttercream
452gr unsalted butter at room temperature
4 egg whites
200gr granulated sugar
A pinch of salt
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 Chocolate Melt
Food Colouring – Red, Moss Green, Leaf Green
4 Large marshmallows
How to bake
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
2. Line a muffin pan with 19 cupcake liners and set aside.
3. Wipe the bowl of your mixer with white vinegar and wipe
4. Add the egg whites, a pinch of salt and beat the egg whites until they form medium soft peaks.
5. Add 50gr of the sugar and beat until firm but not dry peaks are formed.
6. Scrape the meringue into a small bowl and set aside.
7. In the same bowl, cream the butter together with the sugar until it is creamy.
8. While your butter is creaming, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
9. In a small dish, combine the milk and yoghurt together.
10. Add the egg yolks to the butter and beat well.
11. Then add the vanilla extract and keep mixing until everything is smooth and well combined.
12. On slow speed, alternatively, add the milk mixture and the flour mixture and keep mixing on low speed until it is smooth.
13. Then add about 1/3rd of the meringue to the batter, fold it into the batter until smooth and then fold in the remaining meringue
14. Fill the prepared muffin pan about 2/3 full.
15. Bake the cupcake for about 18-20 minutes.
16. Remove the muffins from the muffin pan and cool the cupcakes on a cooling rack.
1. Place the egg whites, the sugar and a pinch of salt into a clean bowl of your mixer.
2. Place the bowl over a pot of simmering water, while whisking it constantly. Keep whisking until all the sugar has been dissolved.
3. Attach a candy thermometer and stir the egg whites until the thermometer reads 170°F/77°C.
4. Then remove the bowl from the pot.
5. Place the bowl on a stand mixer and beat it on high speed until stiff and shiny peaks are formed.
6. Gradually add the butter, beating well after each addition.
7. Beat until you have a silky buttercream.
8. Add the vanilla extract and beat the buttercream for a few more minutes until everything is well combined.
9. Colour 1/3 of the buttercream red, 1/3 moss green and the remaining leaf green. Keep a bit behind and leave that white.
1. Place the cupcakes on a large plate in the shape of a circle.
2. Use an edible marker or a toothpick, mark the area where you want to create the mouth of Godzilla. And keep one cupcake behind for the eye.
3. Put the two colours of in one piping bag to create a marbled effect.
4. Pipe scales on the cupcakes that you haven’t marked as part of the mouth.
5. Use the red buttercream to fill in the entire area of the mouth and smooth it out.
6. Use a rolling pin and some cornstarch to roll out your marshmallows.
7. Then use some scissors to cut out the teeth.
8. Place the teeth on the red buttercream.
9. Spread the white buttercream on the remaining cupcake and pipe some red in the middle of it.
10. Use a chocolate candy melt as the and place a little bit of while for the pupil before placing the cupcake above the mouth.
11. Use some green buttercream to create an eyelid.